Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2012

#HASHTAGS

If MacGyver was a writer, the hash tag (#) would have been his tool of choice. Nowhere in the English language does a punctuation mark fill so many uses. For example:

# for an accountant means a number…any number
# for a dieter means pounds
# for clarinet players means means the note is sharp
# for trombone players means it’s time to practice my sharp scales
# for drummers means…well nothing.
## for any musician means “the composer was high”
# For anyone born after 2000 means “I just said something clever, here’s how to find it”
# for anyone born before 1990 is the game board for Tic-Tac-Toe
# Also for those born before 1990, # meant a comic book character had recently been beat up or was Pig Pen from Peanuts

Don’t get me started on periods…

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a father of seven awesome kids, and the husband to the most understanding wife ever!