Total Pageviews

Friday, January 13, 2012

It Ain't Perfect...

My faith is important to me. It's important because my faith is who I am. I am a Christ-Disciple. Now, am I a picture perfect Christian? No.
Occasionally I swear. Also, I lie about the frequency of events. On top of which, I love french fries...not the crispy good for your soul fries. I love the soft and greasy served in the cafeteria of hell french fries.
Also, I do not read my Bible nearly as much as i should. Sure I try to do my devotionals and I pray almost every day on my way to work, but i could do more.
I should also add that I love naps. And cheesecake. And, God forbid...Coca Cola. So, yeah, I am not a perfect Christian. But, here's what's cool...I haven't met a perfect Christian yet!
In fact, throughout history, there has been only one...and He started the whole thing! In fact, we named the Christian movement after Him! Plus, we capitalize His name and His pronouns every time we type Them.
I'm OK with that. I'm OK with the only perfect Christian being Christ Himself. I strive to be more and more like him every day. I'm just glad he gave me a little wiggle room.

1 comment:

  1. So, when you told me that you had to change Tobey Jude 60 times yesterday....that was NOT the truth? I don't even know you!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a father of seven awesome kids, and the husband to the most understanding wife ever!