Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Or is it?





I have a theory. It involves philosophy. I think you can win any philosophical argument simply by saying three words. "Or is it?" Let me give you an example.



Philosopher # 1: Our world, our reality, is not real. We are all just part of someone else's dream.

Me: Or are we?

See what I did there? I turned that argument on its ear. Take that, Descartes! Not convinced? Let's try another!

Philosopher # 2: Virtue denotes a certain perfection of a power.

Me: Or does it?
St Thomas Aquinas, you've been served! Still not convinced?

Philosopher # 3: I think, therefore I am. Or in the Latin, "Cogito ergo sum"

Me: Or are you...or in the Latin...or are ye?

Descartes, you never give up! Get a job, Hippie!

"What do i do with this new found knowledge?" You can figure it out! I trust you!

Or do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a father of seven awesome kids, and the husband to the most understanding wife ever!