Total Pageviews

Friday, September 2, 2011

No, I can't hear you now...

Recently, I switched cell phone providers. Up to this point, I was a prepaid cell phone kind of guy. But, since my company was paying for it, I made the switch. I never knew what a dropped call was until I switched. To say the least, I was disappointed. This got me thinking...there have been many things over the years that have not lived up to the hype. Here, now, is my short list:

1. Clear Pepsi. First off, why are you drinking Pepsi? Where are you in your life that you feel you have to lower yourself to Pepsi? Apparently the good folks at Pepsi agreed with me, and back in the nineties, they introduced clear Pepsi. My theory is that someone in the management suggested there be more transparency @ Pepsi...they were wrong

2. The Pinto. Let's forget about the gas tanks that blow up. Let's forget about the ugly body. Let's forget about the lack of a decent engine....why can't we forget the pinto?

3. Grunge. Now, let me preface this by saying, I like grunge music. But as far as fashion is concerned, the only worse thing than grunge was church bell-bottom jeans. I remember my cousin buying a fifty dollar pair of jeans (in the early nineties, fifty for a pair of jeans was insane, so i thought). She then proceeded to take them home and cut the legs up and down, fraying the cuts as she went. Couple the fashion with Petroli oil...yeah, I'll keep my Member's only jacket.

4. Member's only jackets. How can you put the phrase "Member's Only" on a piece of clothing if ANYONE can buy them? It seems a little fishy...

5. Y2K. Fun fact: The world did not end in the year 2000...or 2001...or 2011 When the Bible talks about the end of the world, I think they meant when Kim Kardashian came out with an album.

6. Teletubbies. No comment on this...I can't bear to give them any more attention than they have already received...BTW, the purple one is not gay, he's transgender

7. Waterworld. This movie made news at the time it was released because it cost over 200 million dollars to make. After its release, the production companies realized they spent $199,999,998 too much on it. At least with "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes", you knew it was going to be an awful movie...(fun fact: one of George Clooney's first roles was in the Killer Tomato franchise)

8. Music less than 10 years old. You have a problem when you listen to a song and wish you were listening to N'Sync instead. Especially since, at the time, I would have preferred to get a tattoo on my taint then listen to N'Sync.

9. Ghetto Jeans. You know, wearing your jeans down below your butt cheeks so you can show the world you are wearing clean (hopefully, but not always) underwear. Seriously, this fashion trend started to honor and ultimately glamorize prison life, because in Prison, you can't have belts and your pants always fall down. For real. Sadly, no joke here.

10. Shoes. Now, I am all for shoes. But when I was in high school, the bragging point about your shoes was how much you spent on them. If you spent less than a hundred dollars, you might as well go barefoot. I have not spent a hundred dollars on shoes this year, much less than on a single pair. For a hundred dollars, they at least need to have a video game in them.


What are some things that did not live up to the hype for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a father of seven awesome kids, and the husband to the most understanding wife ever!