Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

With great power...


"I a Superhero!!!!" I have listened to these cries of triumph from my 3 year old since last Sunday. She decided she wanted to be a Superhero for Halloween. We bought a supergirl costume, and she has been smitten with it ever since. Good thing it is of high quality, as it will probably be worn until she rips it out.

Watching her "fly" around the house and pose in her supergirl stance makes me think of how truly lucky I am. I am so privileged to not only live with these really awesome little people, but I have been assigned as their caretaker.

Every time I wash their feet or dress them, every meal I make for them or when I buckle them into their car seats, I have to mentally pinch myself. Am I really this lucky?

I wear many hats...worker, supervisor, husband, son...but the best hat I wear is that of father.

Dear Lena, Alison, Edwin, Olivia, Tobey, Emily, and SuperMelody...Thank you...I love you.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how children change our lives. They make us better people!! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a father of seven awesome kids, and the husband to the most understanding wife ever!