Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wife #2

My 4-year-old daughter, Emily, is very much a daddy's girl. She would do anything to get my attention and make me happy. And, the feeling is mutual. I love all my kids...differently, but my love for them is infinite. Having said that, Emily, or as I call her, Emilita or the Lita, holds a very special place in my heart.
However, there are dangers in this. For one, Emily and I are now "married". She told me that she wanted to marry me. When I pointed out that I was already married to her mother, she agreed to become "wife number 2". There is also the emulation.
They say that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. If that is indeed the case, then Emily has flattered me greatly.
Tonight, she informed Melissa that she had, quote,"dropped a deuce". She did not lie.
Even now as I sit here, I am speechless. Besides being the funniest thing I have ever heard, I am also presented with a conundrum. I believe in free speech, but just how free is the question...more on this to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a father of seven awesome kids, and the husband to the most understanding wife ever!